|Job Ref:||204621071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
We are currently recruiting for a Document Controller to join our Midlands office.|
Main Purpose of Role:
Responsible for implementation, development, operation and collation of all Contract documentation and computer records. Ensure most efficient ways of working whilst ensure integrity of all documentation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
• Set up and maintain an electronic document control system to meet the needs of the Work Winning and Marketing teams.
• Provide training to team members across a range of abilities
• Instruct new members of the team in the discipline and importance of adhering to document control systems and procedures
• Monitor compliance and advise senior management of individuals failing to observe these systems and procedures
• Provide innovative and proactive advice on document management
• Understanding of BIM process (PAS1192-2)
• Working knowledge of BS1192:2007
• Development of process maps explaining documentation process
• Receive documents in data, paper and electronic formats
• Maintain and Implement the Document Control Filing System.
• Ensure regular archiving is carried out
• Assist when required with the logging all incoming and outgoing correspondence on relevant registers
• Distribution of correspondence received from Client and/or subcontractors
• Process responses to documents issued
• Administer requests for information
• Chase responses to documents issued where required
• Document Control Registers such as Calibration of Equipment, RAMS etc.
• Drawing Management in line with Group / Clients requirements
• Ensuring all Superseded Documents is clearly marked up as S/S.
• Liaising with Design Team to obtain relevant information for Datebooks
Qualifications / Training
• Appropriate degree level qualification / A Levels / GCSE
• CSCS (Visitor Card)
• Full valid UK driving license
Skills / Experience
• 3 years' experience of working within this field of expertise.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operating IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and/or dedicated Electronic Document Management Systems such as Hummingbird and BIW.
• Ability to manage and build relationship with diverse stakeholders.
• First-hand exposure of Management in the construction/civil-engineering sector. (Desirable)