|Job Ref:||204621765||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£18/hour contract only role||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:36|
Company Details |
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
In the UK Fichtner employ over 100 people and operate from our head office in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
We are seeking to engage an experienced General Foreman on a contract basis to supply their services for approximately 10 months on an industrial building project in Oxford, supporting the project lifecycle and the Fichtner consultancy team.
We are looking for:
• An HNC or above in a relevant engineering or construction discipline;
• SMSTS qualification, first aid certificate plus a black CSCS card.
• To construct and deliver the allocated section of work within a specified timeframe with correctly allocated resources
• Be able to read and explain engineering drawings
• Ensure safety compliances and promote safe working practices
• Monitor construction activity on site to prescribed quality standards
• To focus on waste reduction
• Deliver the assigned works within assigned timelines with available resources
• Coordinate construction activities at site
• Ensure compliance with the construction programme
• Identify technical variations in consultation with site management team
• Conduct daily safety inspection of all works within site
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping on site
• Organise the correct and safe deployment of any plant and equipment allocated to the work area and ensure proper utilisation
• Maintain on-site administrative systems to ensure company reporting systems are adhered to.
• Monitor progress of works against programme
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Prior experience of working within the construction industry for a main contractor on industrial or commercial infrastructure as a Foreman or Construction Manager.
• Excellent team player
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to use initiative
• Full UK driving licence
We offer an attractive daily rate for the duration of the project. All contractors will need to have their own limited or sole trader company and are engaged under a formal agreement for services.
To be considered, please apply below