|Job Ref:||204621536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:35|
Design Manager |
Salary £55000 - £60000
We have a fantastic new role available for a Design Manager to join one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups.
As a Design Manager, you will have responsibility of the Design function particular residential projects. Using their excellent communication skills and personable manner the role holder will take ownership of technical matters across both project streams and drive solutions.
Part of their Housebuilding Division represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. Our client undertakes design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
Key to this role is experience of working on residential build developments as a Design Coordinator or Manager.
• Procure in a timely manner non design consultant's scope of services i.e. Ecology, Arboricultural, Archaeological and liaise with them to procure information to discharge planning conditions.
• Procure surveys and investigations and ensure that the contents of the work are coordinated with the consultant's information and that the company can understand the impacts and responsibilities they have on the works and sub-contractors respectively.
• Monitor the discharge of planning conditions assisting the architect in the provision of information were necessary.
• Coordinate consultant, sub-contractor and supplier design information to ensure the flow of information allows for coordinated design by the lead consultant and design reviews are undertaken and completed in line with programme requirements.
• Monitor the submission of Building Regulations and warranty applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and that conditions are discharged when information becomes available such as sub-contractor design, air testing and commissioning certificates etc.
• Review design consultants drawings against contract, legislative or technical requirements and identify efficiencies which can be made whilst still meeting the aforementioned requirements.
• Apply for temporary (site supply) and permanent utility disconnections, diversions, new connections and energy supplies in a timely manner and coordinate this information with design consultants to ensure construction drawings align with the requirements of the utility providers.
• Ensure the project is fully implemented in strict accordance with BMS and 4Project document management procedures.
• Procure naming of streets and postal addresses in direct communication with the Local Authority.
• Agree, with the Local Authority, the provision of street name plates.
• Ensure the timely submission of technical information in relation to highways and drainage section agreements and complete the necessary application forms and schedule of legal requirements to enable the agreement to be formulated.
• Liaise with the Temporary Works Coordinator so he is fully aware of the section agreements applicable to each project and status of technical submissions and approvals.
• Organise consultant/sub-contractor design teams meeting throughout the project as deemed necessary
• Via 4Projects maintain a log of all construction related requests for information and coordinate the request to ensure a timely and satisfactory response.
• Liaise with the client to ensure the review of construction information and material samples is undertaken and approved in line with the requirements of the programme.
• Coordinate information from consultants for BREEAM and CfSH ensuring stage assessments are completed in a timely manner and to a successful conclusion.
• Liaise with our client's project team and importantly the Temporary Works Coordinator to ensure temporary works is identified and considered and any impact on the design of the permanent works is discussed with the consultant team.
• Apply for Robust Details registration, pass onto commercial for payment and distribute checklists, certificates to the site team for completion and return to Building Control.
• Coordinate information and liaise with the BIM manager were necessary.
• Utilising the document controller, coordinate the production of the Health and Safety Files with the consultants and sub-contractors.
• Acting as mentor and manager of two Design Coordinators.
Experience and Qualifications:
• A construction/design related professional qualification-HNC/HND/Degree.
• Prior experience as a Design / Technical Manager or Senior.
• Experience of working within the construction industry, ideally on Design and Build, new build, private spec housing, and social/affordable housing.
Our Client will offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, they are poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, this is the right place for you