|Job Ref:||204621430||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Car & Pension||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - CIVIL GROUNDWORKS - IMMEDIATE START|
LOCATION: London, UK
SALARY: £45,000 - 55,000 PA + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor skilled in Groundworks to join a highly regarded specialist civil contractor. Established over 40 years ago with an annual turnover in excess of £270M and significant plans for expansion this is your opportunity to further develop your career working on some of the UK's most prestigious projects.
This key role will be based within the groundworks and engineering team on various sites across Central London. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-8 years experience working on medium/large size civil projects in the UK.
This will be a challenging career development role that will significantly help further your knowledge of civil construction projects and refine your leadership skills.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager
* Provide maintenance of the cost reporting system and manage financial status of projects
* Identify, value and manage change and maintain change register
* Coordination with supply chain and business units to produce accurate cost reporting
* Produce accurate forecasting and commercial reporting to internal teams and client
* Understanding of project risk, basic plant, equipment and labour costs to manage financial status of projects
Working knowledge of standard forms of contract - Measured Term, Traditional Lump Sum and Design & Construct is ESSENTIAL.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying (or minimum HNC equivalent qualification)
* Minimum 4-8 years experience in QS
* Professional CIOB Membership - Desired
* Experience working on standard forms of contract
* Experience working within a construction environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Full clean driving license
For further information or to express your interest in this exciting career opportunity contact Audwin Cheung or Sat Mander at CarmichaelUK