|Job Ref:||204619620||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Chadlington||Address:||Post Code:||OX7||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:41|
Do you have Construction Contracts experience?|
Are you in a commutable distance of Chadlington, Oxfordshire?
Could you add value through your ability to nurture relationships and your
excellent organisational skills?
If your answers are yes..yes and yes....then you really need to read on...
Our client provides services for properties i.e. renovations, conservation, designing, building and extensions for primarily buildings built before 1940. They offer a flexible approach to finding solutions that both meet the vision and benefit the property. Our client is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your capability, adding value and leveraging the company by working closely with clients, providing them with reassurance and frequent updates and the conservation team to effectively meet the project timeline.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Co-ordinate and manage the entire construction process on approximately 2-6 sites at any one time through the project management team.
• Negotiate contract variations to maximise business return in the short or long term
• Ensure that the highest standards of Health and Safety and Quality are achieved on all sites
• Problem solving & decision making
• To liaise with the materials and sub-contract procurement teams and labour manager to ensure that the correct resources are available when required
• To prepare internal and external progress reports including:-
- Contract commencement and completion dates
- Contract week elapsed and contract progress weeks
- Progress report including details of works completed, anticipated completion
- Information required, including provisional sums
- Advise on likely future delays
You will also bring:
• Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
• Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations and Health and Safety
• Ability to motivate and manage staff
• Personal commitment to equality and diversity
• Knowledge and understanding of the client's business plan
• The ability to deal with clients at all managerial levels
• The ability to relate client opportunities to corporate goals
• Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
• A personable and friendly personality; to get on with diverse personalities
• Strong analytical, numerical, literacy and reasoning abilities
• Good organisation skills and attention to detail
If you have the relevant skills and experience we need to hear from you immediately. Please apply with a CV in Word and covering letter detailing why this role appeals to you