|Job Ref:||204619598||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£25000 - £42000/annum + 15% bonus, Company Car, Fuel||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:41|
Diverse Recruitment Solutions are currently working with one of the UK's largest privately owned property construction firms.|
We are currently looking to recruit for an experienced Quantity Surveyor based within the East Midlands. This role will implement the control and reporting of all development/build-related expenditure to meet the Region's business plan and future growth requirements.
The successful candidate will;
• Take a 'whole company' perspective to the performance of the regional business by positively influencing and enhancing the profitability and operating effectiveness of the business.
• Manage build costs, cash flows and budget financial information as per Group policies and processes.
• Ensure Group policies and processes are followed and reported fully on all development/ build-related expenditure adding value to the wider business and delivering the commercial objectives of the Region.
• Manage the working partnerships with Housing Associations, third party providers and sub-contractors to ensure that all contractual terms are met and ensure that all orders are placed, managed and settled as per Group policies and processes.
• Engage fully in the process of determining and agreeing site start programmes and timescales.
• Assist in the production of comprehensive Commercial reports / estimates for inclusion in Land Appraisals.
• Achieve the payment and PFA reporting timetable.
• Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan.
• Authorise and commit expenditure on the COINS system up to the Group approval limit.
• Produce key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the commercial function.
• Ensure that the Company maximises its compliance with Group product, specification and deals.
• At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company's Health and Safety and Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions
The ideal candidate will possess the below qualifications;
• A relevant qualification or good experience of Quantity Surveying
• A good understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build.
• Good Finance / Commercial awareness &Technical knowledge
• Good knowledge of the Construction Industry
• Good Knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
• Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
• Knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations