|Job Ref:||204619590||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£38000/annum 48k OTE, Car, Laptop||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:41|
Are you from a construction background and looking for an area sales account manager position for a leading worldwide supplier of pitched roofing materials, covering one of their fastest growing and lucrative regions? (Surrey, West Sussex and Berkshire) This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in construction who is looking for an autonomous sales/ account management position. The ideal candidate will have experience working with contractors, merchants and architects; extensive sales experience is required.|
* Prepare and implement annual Territory Business Plan as agreed with Sales Management
* Prepare and maintain all administrative records and controls including all customer record details.
* Form and maintain proper business relationships with Internal Sales twin and local sales office to ensure all sales and administrative tasks are achieved.
* Establish and maintain a sales call rate relative to the requirements of the territory and to call mix as determined by the Sales Manager. It is expected that this will be at least five calls per sales call day.
* Work with Business Co-ordinator, Internal Sales and other support services to ensure the proper and timely use of all sources of sales leads.
* Operate and maintain Company Price Quotation Management System for territory.
* Prepare and submit Sales Call Analysis on dates agreed with Sales Management.
* Liaise with colleagues covering adjacent territories to ensure effective sales and administrative controls.
* Prepare and submit market intelligence on a timely basis to Sales Manager
* Process and deal with all complaints in an efficient manner in accordance with Company Quality Control Procedures.
* Organise adequate supplies of Company literature, display material and product samples to ensure full support for sales effort.
* Develop and train account customer management and staff as necessary to ensure smooth distribution through all normal sales channels. Provide customer performance information and organise and/or attend Company and/or customer trade events as agreed with Sales Management.
* Use appropriate sales tools as provided by the Company.
* Gain commercial awareness of customers credit status and report timely information to Credit Control.
* To be proactive in seeking effective ways in which cost savings for the business can be achieved
Essentials skills required
* A proven track record of selling to house builders or developers, contractors, sub-contractors and government organisation
* Skilled in a managerial or technical position
* knowledge of the building merchant industry
* Knowledge of channel construction
* Experience of working with multi million pound contracts
* Experience of covering 30 to 40 branch accounts within your territory
* Excellent communication and administration skills (presentation, negotiating and reporting)
* PC literate (word, excel & PowerPoint)
* Numerate and articulate
* Construction background
* Strong experience working with contractors & merchants
* Highly motivated and looking for long term progression
* Excellent communication skills
* Commercially minded
* Organised with excellent time management skills
* Ability to work on your own initiative
* Proven sales record, preferably within the construction industry
* Good Standard of Education (at least 4 GCSEs in good grades and preferably to A level)
* Full clean UK driving licence
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion