|Job Ref:||204619547||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£380000 - £400000/annum Car, pension||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:41|
Are you looking to join a company that values its staff and has an enviable reputation in the sector? My client will give you the scope, freedom, and the remit to influence others. All within a well-established business, who embrace loyal staff and work on some remarkable projects which span across the UK and Europe.|
Due to ongoing continual growth and success, my client is looking for an experienced and self-motivated CPCS A61 Blue Carded Appointed Person - Lifting Operations.
They are looking for a competent person with crane technical experience and a strong knowledge of lifting operations within the construction industry. The right candidate should have a thorough understanding of Health and Safety relating to Lifting Operations as well as an eye for detail with a can-do attitude. It is critical that the candidate can read and understand Structural/Architectural General Assembly Drawings / 3D Drawings to plan safe and successful lifts.
The right Candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members, working well under pressure as part of the team.
* Plan and prepare detailed Lift Plans in accordance with BS7121 safe use of cranes to:
* Have overall control of lifting operations and calculate and interpret arithmetical data
* Record sequence of processes in a detailed, logical and clear format and take ownership of all work from inception to completion
* Verbally communicate data in a concise manner
* Produce high quality site surveys including job specific method statements, technical drawings and risk assessments that meet and exceed industry regulations and guidelines
* Ensure correct specification and rig of cranes.
* Ensure that the highest standards of Health and Safety are met and maintained regardless of commercial pressures
* Ensure that all work is prioritized and therefore delivered to the customer in a timely manner
* Provide the site with technical expertise and to assist with general duties and carry out Toolbox talks and SSoW briefings
* Enhancing and maintaining good business relationship with internal and external parties
* Coordination with the different project stake holders towards reaching daily objectives
* Liaising with staff and clients at all levels and to promote the company at every opportunity and undertake other duties that management may reasonably request
* Crane technical experience with construction site experience.
* Have good knowledge and understanding of general construction/installation processes in Structural/Architectural steel
* Ability to read technical drawings
* Appointed Person certificate - CPCS A61 blue card - Essential
* Crane Supervisor certificate - CPCS A62 blue card - Essential
* Experience within cranes and contract lifting, including tower cranes and mobile cranes.
* Proven Health & Safety management with knowledge of health and safety legislation
* Proven track record of working to clearly defined plans
* Good transport / logistics knowledge
* Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service environment
* Ability to influence and persuade and have flexibility
* Ability to deal with conflict and negotiate / manage the appropriate outcome
* Organised with the ability to simplify complex issues
* IT literate - comfortable using systems Excel/Word/Powerpoint/AUTOCAD
* Strong communication skills, be able to communicate in a clear and precise manner, very precise attention to detail, having the drive to succeed at all times and a can do, pro-active attitude is essential.
In addition to your salary you will benefit from excellent company benefits. If you feel you are the right fit for this role please contact me Daniel Lewis