|Job Ref:||204622729||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:44|
My client currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PROJECT MANAGER / SENIOR SITE MANAGER to join the team based in LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE.|
You will deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to the required performance and quality standards demanded by the project. Determine the optimum profit margin for the project and exceed were possible by variations, value engineering, etc.
1 x Site Manager
1 x Project Coordinator
* Overall accountability for the design, construction, profitability and delivery of projects in line with the performance specification, cost plan, EHS obligations and contract requirements.
* Acquire a comprehensive understanding of each project including client expectations to deliver the project in line with the project specification and Company expectations.
* Creation and subsequent monitoring and updating of a detailed project Gantt chart, short term look-a-head programme and weekly plan.
* Identify, evaluate, determine and appoint all resources (internal and external) needed to meet or exceed obligations to the project and subsequent control and monitoring.
* Control of costs, regular monitoring and reporting against cost plan in line with company procedures to enable overall project profitability to be routinely determined and compared against those budgeted.
* Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering, variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
* Ensure sufficient knowledge and understanding of EHS responsibilities and use of all necessary systems, procedures and training to ensure that all appropriate standards are achieved.
* The periodic assessment of actual performance against planned performance to confirm exact programme position and identify any necessary corrective measures that may be needed and protect the company's contractual position.
* Encourage best practice and continuous improvement, including the performance management and development of direct reports.
* Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
* Capacity Planning - site management, coordination, design, procurement, fabrication and labour.
* Cost and risk control on projects typically of a value between £2m to £6m
* Work within company policies and procedures
* Accountable for profit, design, construction and project delivery.
* P&L accountable by project.
* Work in collaboration with the client and Company supply chain.
* Accountable for the management and development of direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE;
* Experienced Project Manager / Senior Site Manager, with several years Construction / Site experience.
* Broad technical and industry knowledge.
* Broad knowledge of responsibilities towards EHS.
* Effective performance management and development of people and teams.
* Financial awareness/understanding, cost control and forecasting.
* Manage project resources, subcontractors and supply chain partners effectively and efficiently.
* Understanding of the principles of contract law and how they are applied in practical circumstances.
* Able to professionally plan a project using appropriate software eg MS Project.
* Must have CSCS Black card.
* Must be SMSTS qualified.
* Sets ambitious goals and reaches them efficiently (effectively, without involving extensive resources)
* Adjusts the nature of services delivered according to developments in customer needs, expectations and concerns.
* Creates opportunities for cooperation and is in constant search for collective efficiency.
* Acts in a pertinent and decisive way in emergencies or when the stakes are high.
* Seeks new solutions to handle recurring difficulties.
* Has effective 2-way communication.
* Is convincing in choosing the best ways to deliver own messages and by adapting continuously to others.
* Knows how to structure arguments and adapt them to the audience in order to convince efficiently.
* Takes care to give instructions, responsibilities and temporary assignments that are clear.
* Contributes to peoples' learning by transferring all the methods and techniques that are of use in carrying out the task(s) entrusted to them