|Job Ref:||204622634||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£17.79/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:43|
A long term contract opportunity has arisen for a Street Works Permit Inspector to join a busy highways network management team in Central London.|
Purpose of Post
To inspect activities undertaken by statutory undertakers on the public highway ensuring compliance with relevant legislation such as Traffic Management Act 2004, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, and Highways Act 1980.
In particular the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that activities are carried out in such a way that meets the requirements of the London Permit Scheme, and that adequate and proper communication takes place through the provision of signage on all sites.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. To ensure that works undertaken by statutory undertakers meet the requirements of London Permit Scheme (LoPS) and provide advice to statutory undertakers on LoPS reporting non-compliance to the Street Works Manager.
2. To carry out inspections of all streets and footways during and/or following works, monitoring compliance with specifications and codes of practice for signing and guarding, safety, and standard of workmanship. This includes recording of utility works defects and ensuring remedial work is carried out in a timely and satisfactory manner reporting non-compliance to the Street Works Manager.
3. To coordinate, supply and display signage for all on-going sites, replacing where necessary. Signage must be accurate, timely and presented to a good standard.
4. To supervise the activities undertaken by statutory undertakers to ensure compliance with council procedures, legislative requirements, and Health and Safety Executive standards, reporting to the Street Works Management Officer or Street Works Manager any urgent works in relation to making sites safe.
5. Notifying the Council's designated responsive maintenance contractor of rectification works needed, either directly or through the highway responsive maintenance computer system.
6. To use the Council's street works permit scheme database to accept, reject and apply conditions to permit applications from utility companies and contractors ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Traffic Management Act and other associated legislation.
7. To liaise with colleagues in the Traffic Management team to ensure that permit applications are fully co-ordinated with other highway operations such as road closures and crane operations.
8. Assist in the resolution of highway management issues arising out of emergencies or unplanned events on the highway network. This includes notifying statutory undertakers and premises managers of defective plant, obstructions, hazards etc on the public highway and ensuring remedial action is taken.
9. Actively seek to implement the Council's Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties.
To find out more about this role, please contact Blayne Cahill on (Apply online only).
To apply for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK