|Job Ref:||204622573||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£23812 - £27420/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:43|
Quantity Surveyor |
Up to £38,000
Are you a highly driven and motivated Quantity Surveyor seeking a new career? Are you looking for an employer that will offer you excellent benefits and clear career progression? Do you have previous experience within contracting? Don't look anywhere else; we have the perfect role for you which you can start right now.
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting main contractor in the Construction Sector; we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, who is motivated, great work ethic, and focused. They will be based in the Belfast area. They are looking for someone who has previous experience, ideally with lots of experience in PSA MTC.
* Great Salary
* Company car or allwaocne
* Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
* Great Holidays
* Work within a lively and busy environment
* Flexi working hours
* Work place nursery and Childcare vouchers
* Great company pension
* Superb training
* Amazing discounts
This role is a very varied position, some of your duties will be:
* Take off quantities for tendering / cost plan purposes, budget control and pre-agreement of accounts
* Assist Commercial Bid Team in tender preparations
* Estimating duties and other pre-contract surveying duties as required from time to time.
* Assist Team Leader in the appointment of Subcontractors on designated subcontract conditions
* Maintain accurate records to assist in preparation of valuations and cost value reconciliation sheets
* Undertake cost investigations as required
* Measurement and agreement of subcontract accounts
* Identification, measurement and agreement of variations
* Identification of added value opportunities within measurement and contract conditions
* Monitoring of monthly cash flow in comparison to budgeted cash flow
* Advice to management on contractual matters
* Measurement and agreement of Project Final Accounts
* Attend and give financial reports at site meetings & Prepare subcontractor payments accurately in accordance with CIS requirements and VAT procedures
* Provide Team Leader with monthly cost/valuation (CVR) information for costing purposes and quarterly for management accounts within the specified time scales
* Other duties as may be required from time to time depending on the needs of the business
If you are interested in joining their team you first must:
* Have significant relevant Quantity Surveying experience preferably with a Construction Contracting Company
* Possess either a Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying or demonstrate significant and high level of experience obtained working in a comparable role
* Possess a detailed understanding of the PSA MTC Building and Painting Schedules
* Strong track record in managing and dealing with contractual issues on standard forms of contract i.e. NEC, JCT
* Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and experience required to complete projects under budget taking into consideration difficult time constraints
* Have an extensive knowledge of construction practices that can be used on site to analyse the design and propose potential cost saving measures
* Keeping up to date with pricing matrices and inflationary impacts
* Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Information Technology in general
This is a fantastic opportunity for a career minded individual who is seeking progression and development with a market leading organisation.
This role will be open for the next couple of weeks, so if you are interested in applying for this great position, please do not hesitate to apply by using the button below. Alternatively please call and speak with Becky Davage on (Apply online only) if you are interested.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business