|Job Ref:||204622572||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£50000 - £51000/annum Car and Fuel allowance plus bonus||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:43|
A Main Contractor based in Portsmouth are hiring for an aspiring Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team. They have worked with recognisable brands over the last 26 years in the pub, hotel and residential sectors ranging from £250k to £4.4 million which has allowed them to grow rapidly within the industry and secure consistent repeat business in the Hampshire area.|
Their employees are at the heart of everything they do and they celebrate achievement and performance accordingly. They have worked hard to gain their Investors In People status which means they have a structured progression path for their employees and aim to promote within.
Are you suitable?
They are looking for someone to hit the ground running who is able to effectively work on projects up to £5m, therefore the individual would preferably have 5 years' experience in the industry working on similar size projects. A Degree or HND in Quantity Surveying is desirable but not essential as long as you have the relevant experience. You will be working as part of a group and so experience working as part of a team is essential.
Quantity Surveyor Key responsibilities
* Project delivery including pre-contract elements.
* Sub-contract management, procurement and negotiation.
* Valuations and supervision of sub-contracts.
* Preparation of interim applications.
* Project valuations, planning budgets and costing.
* Management of projects to final accounts stage.
* Reporting to management.
* Cost/value reconciliations and ensuring standard costs are accurate.
* Risk management and capital trend analysis.
* Resolution of contractual issues.
* Management of client variation records and supervision of variation process.
Quantity Surveyor Remuneration
Circa £50,000 depending on experience
If you feel you fit this criteria and wish to apply for this position then please call Jess at your earlier convenience on NA or send an update version of your CV to (url removed) and I will call you.
*Please note we offer a £250 referral fee to anyone who refers a candidate we successfully place, please circulate as you see fit*
Services advertised by Project Resource Ltd are those of an agency and/or an employment business