|Job Ref:||204618193||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Appleton Thorn||Address:||Post Code:||WA4||Salary:||£11 - £12/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
We are looking for an Estimator to join a Construction Company based in Appleton where your contribution will be acknowledged, appreciated and essential.|
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced Estimator to join a successful and established company. , your role would be to work out how much it costs to supply products or services to a client and produce estimates for a wide range of products or services within the construction industry.
Part of your job would be to research and assess information from a variety of sources in order to prepare accurate estimates. Other duties include:
• Finding out what the client wants
• Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
• Collecting quotes from materials suppliers and sub-contractors
• Planning job timescales
• Assessing the levels of risk on a project
• Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices, using software packages
• Preparing and submitting quotations for work
• Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
• Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
• You would work closely with other professionals including construction managers, engineers and buyers.
As an estimator, you will need:
• Excellent maths and IT skills
• Preferably a relevant qualification
• Previous estimating experience
• Focussed, can do attitude
• Superb time management, communication and presentation skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• The ability to pay close attention to detail
• Possess a great eye for detail
• Project management skills
• Business awareness
• An understanding of the importance of data confidentiality
• The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• An organised approach to work and the ability to meet deadlines
The hours are Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm and the role is based in Appleton, Warrington so ideally you will drive or live close.
Please send your CV today for immediate interviews