|Job Ref:||204618099||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:31|
If you are an ambitious Quantity Surveyor who enjoys working for a small but highly reputable contractor where you can really make a difference, then this vacancy based near Lutterworth, Leicestershire could be for you...|
A permanent Quantity Surveyor is required to join a growing business in a vitally important role. The purpose of this hire is to have a bright and ambitious QS join the business who can progress into a Senior Quantity Surveyor role within 2 years and then on to Commercial Director in the near future.
The hiring company operate predominantly as a main contractor carrying out refurbishments and new builds across a range of sectors including: - Hotels and Leisure sector - Commercial office space - Education sector refurbishments - Retail developments The company turnover is currently £2.5m this years and is expected to grow to at least £3m next year due to an increased client base. Therefore projects values will typically be in the region £100k - £1m.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of the business and play an important role in managing the commercial side of the companies projects. You will act as the senior member of a small commercial department of 3 QS's. You will be office based, however there will be reasonable site based travel involved, which could be nationwide.
Specific Duties will include:
- Managing sub-contractors
- Liaising with site staff to co ordinate progress
- Reporting progress to client
- Managing variations
- Mentoring junior QS staff
- Measurements & valuations
- Attend site based meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have experience of being the lead Quantity Surveyor on projects. i.e. not a Quantity Surveyor who has dealt predominantly on packages of work.
-The candidate should have experience of working on a project from the start of construction through to completion. Experience at pre contract stage could be an advantage, but not essential.
- Candidates must be confident, ambitious and ideally looking for a long term role within the business where a clear career path can be mapped out upon joining
- Candidate's will need excellent planning and organisation skills
- Candidate's must be have strong client facing skills - Strong commercial acumen is required
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or a similar equivalent qualification would be advantageous, however not essential for candidate's with the ideal experience.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but highly reputable contractor based out of Leicestershire but working with clients nationwide on new build and refurbishment projects in the built environment. They are experienced a growth in turnover over recent years and expect a growth of circa 20% - 25% in the next financial year. This is an exciting role for a promising QS to join a business in a vitally significant role and to grow with the company into senior management.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £45k + Car + Pension