|Job Ref:||204621257||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Saudi Arabia||Address:||Salary:||£54000/annum car, bonus, additional benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:25|
Role: Project Manager -Systems|
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: circa £54k + excellent benefits including car and bonus
My client is responsible for the delivery of a $multibillion telecommunications program across Saudi Arabia.
The program now requires a Project Manager with experience of deployment of systems, to join the team.
The Project Manager (Systems) has objectives and functions to include:
• Primary responsibility for the project lifecycle from concept development, selection, design, delivery and implementation, system integration, testing and customer acceptance to the stakeholder.
• Responsible for the project capture and definition of all new business opportunities in order to deliver annual business targets and margin within the deployable systems portfolio area.
• Responsible for the development, management and coordination of supplier selection process to deliver quality and effective outputs in support of the customer requirements.
• Responsible for the development, management, coordination and delivery of deployable systems projects ensuring that all project outputs are delivered within cost, time and quality metrics.
• Responsible to the Programme Manager for fulfilling the contractual responsibilities for the assigned projects and as covered by the terms and conditions of the Contract.
• Ensure the successful completion of assigned projects in relation to performance, cost and delivery timescale.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure effective management and execution of all assigned projects.
• Manage customer expectations through clear baseline specifications, accurate reporting and capturing variations through the project change control procedures
The Programme team is the primary interface to the customer/stakeholder for all project activities and is responsible for creating and delivering through-life, value for money solutions at minimal risk to the Company.
In addition to the primary objectives and functions, the Project Manager will conduct the following tasks on a regular basis:
• Work with the customer to fully understand customer requirements in order to deliver project outputs.
• Provide regular weekly project highlight reports to Deployed System Programme Manager; manage project exceptions throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manage all projects in accordance with agreed plans and schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manage and coordinate the acquisition process in order to deliver annual order intake targets as allocated.
• Manage project resources to ensure all project documentation is produced in accordance to plans and quality, in particular SOR, SOW, ITT, CTP, ILS, ATP, SDD
• Manage, coordinate and produce outputs for all project reviews including gate reviews, design reviews, project risk and planning reviews as a minimum.
• Support the Programme Manager in the production of customer reports including weekly Technical Committee, monthly programme delivery working group and quarterly reports.
• Ensure risks are defined, maintained, reported and mitigation plans are followed to reduced project risk and opportunities taken.
• Produce, maintain and implement project management plans including schedules, documentation and configuration control and risk management.
• Ensure all projects follow thorough testing and acceptance practices in order to ensure project outputs meet requirements and standards as agreed with the customer.
• Capture and produce lessons throughout the project lifecycle in order to improve company processes and procedures.
• Coordinate with department / functional heads, resource owners and PMO to ensure sufficient resources, are allocated to meet project plans.
• Coordinate with the finance department for all financial aspects of assigned projects
• Coordinate with the commercial department for all commercial and contractual aspects of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with the Quality Department to ensure all aspects of project quality are delivered in accordance with defined standards.
• Liaise with Commercial, Quality and Finance departments to ensure all project financial milestones are delivered in accordance with agreed plans.
• Coordinate with training specialist and Managed Services training staff for the design, testing, acceptance and documentation in support of training projects.
• Where required, coordinate with Managed Services for the delivery and handover of projects on the requirements for Transition, Quality Assurance and Acceptance Testing.
• Anticipate and proactively to manage all project activities, milestones and financial targets.
• Update project databases, risk registers and documentation as required for the projects assigned
The Project Manager will offer the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of 5 years' relevant project management experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
• Holds a recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APMP).
• Excellent communications skills and be highly computer literate in the range of MS Office products.
• Demonstrable and proven record of effective liaison and communication with customers and suppliers.
• Demonstrable and proven record of management reporting to deadlines.
• Be solution oriented, self-motivated and innovative in approach to problem solving and be committed to providing high quality outputs.
• Possess a valid driving license from country of origin.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Must be fluent in English
Desirable skills include:
• Understanding and experience in the delivery of C4I, communications or IS projects in the defence sector
• Experience of working in the Middle East (preferably Saudi Arabia) desirable