|Job Ref:||204622494||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Ipswich||Address:||Post Code:||IP4||Salary:||£14.60 - £18.77/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:40|
My Client, a local authority in Suffolk, is currently looking for a Technical Design Lead to work on a 6 month initial contract. Candidates must hold a valid enhanced DBS check to work in this role. |
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking the technical lead and design activities to support the delivery of IT Projects; high level and low level design activities related to IT solutions producing design and system documentation; Lead design activities for project implementations and be proactive in seeking peer review of designs from colleagues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Take a strategic overview of customer requests to enable advice to be provided on long term best value for the customer.
* Undertake detailed analysis of specific customer requests to advise on viability, impact and financial/legal/legislative considerations.
* Produce or contribute to a documented business requirement/project plan/Statement of Work (SoW)
* Identify the resources, risks, issues, implications and costs required to deliver specialist solutions
* Monitor and evaluate the implementation of specialist solutions to ensure business requirements are met.
* Ability to generate information in a format acceptable to customers
* Assist in the assessment and selection of suitable solutions.
* Ensure recommended solutions are compatible/compliant with existing systems/policy/process/procedures/legislation
* Consult and negotiate with customers to agree detailed specification/SoW
* Ability to provide advice and guidance on legislation, policies and procedures relating to business requirements
* Ability to resolve customer complaints and grievances
* Provide a strategic overview of the business requirement including balancing the needs of the customer and operational requirements
* Identify and resolve specialist issues to ensure performance standards/legislative requirements can be met
* Oversee the implementation of identified solutions
* Evaluate and recommend solutions which meet organisational requirements
* Provides professional support to formal processes
* Undertake appropriate tests or benchmarking to ensure solutions are viable and meet customer requirements
* Monitor and report on progress against specifications and project plans.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the content of reference documents, policies and procedures.
* Ensure that customer solutions are subject to appropriate risk assessment.
* Ensure that provision of customer requirements are performed with agreed service thresholds / tolerances.
* Ability to represent the service at outside forums to discuss professional standards
Have an advanced understanding of infrastructure architecture components including but not limited to:
o Web Servers and Web Applications
o Application Servers
o Database Servers
o Virtual Server Architecture and Operating Systems
o Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Firewalls, Switches, Routers and Protocols)
o Application and data integration technologies such as ADFS, Web Service API
Please contact Danny Eccles at Service Care Solutions for more information or to apply. Alternatively if this role isn't for you, we do offer a referral bonus of £250 for every new candidate you refer to us that we place in a position for more than 13 weeks. That's £250 just for forwarding a job advert to a friend