|Job Ref:||204622426||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:40|
Are you a Data Network Engineer? Greywood have an exciting new position based near Bath...|
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Data Network Support Engineer to join an expanding IT department. This is a 3rd line support position with lots going on at once and a really varied role.
* Networking technologies - cabling installation and troubleshooting.
* Experience of 2nd and 3rd line support duties in complex data networks across multiple sites.
* Ideally have in-depth knowledge of Extreme network equipment, but similar knowledge of Cisco technology would be acceptable.
* Extensive experience in the administration of firewall clusters (ideally Checkpoint).
* Experienced in working with strong and highly structured change control, risk and corporate governance regimes.
* Knowledge of ITIL best practice.
* Awareness of SIP trunking and IP telephony.
* Extreme network hardware (predominantly X450, X460, X670) (desirable).
* Extreme XOS software (versions 11 - 15) (desirable).
* Check Point hardware and software (R75 onwards).
* F5 Load Balancers (4000s).
* Education and Qualifications:
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching.
* Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) r77.
* Extreme ECS (desirable).
* Undertake 2nd and 3rd line network fault investigations including analysis, resolution and updating or producing documentation.
* Review and complete moves, additions and changes to the network infrastructure in line with the customer's requirements.
* Provide consultancy to the business for network infrastructure changes or projects, including the design and implementation of new solutions.
* Support and administer the firewall environments in line with the IT Security Policy including changes to rule sets, IPS administration and VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
* Perform upgrades to the network infrastructure to latest stable firmware releases.
* Perform ad-hoc traffic analysis to help identify causes of IT system issues and produce reports that present and explain the information collected.
* Provide ad hoc training, coaching and development to other team members.
Ideal candidates will be strong, customer-focused professionals with a methodical approach to problem solving. Flexibility is a must in the ever-changing world of IT.
If you have the necessary skills, drive & determination to really move forward and succeed, please don't hesitate... Send in your CV TODAY