|Job Ref:||204622011||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:40|
Senior Systems Analyst |
Salary - £50k
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Systems Analystt to join a prestigious organisation based in Kent. As a go-to Systems Consultant, you will be expected to have solid database and application design skills using skills such as (url removed), C# and XML using Mendix framework.
As a Senior Systems consultant, you will be able to lead a small team of junior to middle-weight Systems Consultants, mentoring and supporting their development to ensure the company's core systems are updated to the highest standard. As a lead systems consultant, you will be able to architect solutions, influence potential improvements, and ensure projects are carried out to the highest standard from the inception through to completion.
* Relevant programming skills. Knowledge of programming and database technologies; XML, Database technologies, Mendix, (url removed) and C#
* Understanding of development best practice in terms of coding standards, security, accessibility and usability
* Solid application and database design skills
* Ability to write well-structured and commented programs.
* Ability to communicate with users, team members and managers.
* A "self-starter", able to identify issues and opportunities and ways of resolving/exploiting them.
* Leading an Information Technology team in a varied solution environment (Any expertise in "Agile" techniques and methods a distinct advantage)
* Mendix application development framework
* In partnership with your line manager, provide day to day management of a small team of Systems Consultants (both permanent and temporary).
* Administer system development lifecycle (SDL) tools and facilities
* Provide regular progress reports to your manager.
* Assist project managers in determining team availability and scheduled commitment to projects (whilst this role is not aimed specifically at project management, the job holder is responsible for ensuring good SDL tools and behaviours are employed to manage state and priority of work).
* Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior roles (helping determine personal development plans for permanent systems consultants).
* Adhere to Company and Departmental standards
* Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users.
* Ability to present business and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical groups
* Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements (systems analysis).
* Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken, including assistance during user acceptance testing.
* Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management.
* Ensure that all work undertaken has been correctly documented with appropriate authorisations in place before putting the fix/enhancement forward for application to the 'live' environment - A solid adherence to prevailing Change Management methods
* Any other duties requested by Management.
We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy