|Job Ref:||204621435||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:40|
Systems Administrator - LINUX - Reading |
I am looking for a Systems Administrator to join one of the worlds largest domain name and hosting providers.
As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible on a day to-day basis, for developing and maintaining production networks and related systems infrastructure for large ISP networks. This includes making sure that all services are available for 100% of the time as well as making sure that the services are optimised to serve as quickly as possible.
You will liaise with other departments in the company including Development and Support, to help resolve issues and identify areas that require work.
The successful candidate will be helping to maintain and enhance systems to support a multivendor ISP networking environment. In addition, the candidate will have an excellent knowledge of Linux systems administration, able to maintain servers supporting most infrastructure systems required for an ISP environment, including BGP route servers, DNS servers, LDAP & Radius systems, MySQL databases and Apache web servers.
Required Skills & Experience
* Systems Administration experience of infrastructure services, based on Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS) and OpenBSD
* Experience with configuration management (puppet, chef etc.)
* Server installation automation (TFTP/PXE/Kickstart/Anaconda/Debconf)
* Creative problem solving abilities
* Clear written and verbal skills
* Excellent Project Management skills
* Experience with revision control systems (Subversion)
Advantageous, but are not required:
* ISP networking knowledge of BGP, OSPF,VRRP, HSRP, IPsec, all levels of the IPv4 and IPv6 stack
* Experience of multiple network vendors, e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Foundry, Dell
* Basic languages skills: perl, PHP, Python, Bash, others helpful
Basic Salary will be up to £45K with excellent benefits available. Call Harry Vlahakis for more information and email your CV