|Job Ref:||204621369||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£11 - £16/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
An IT Service Desk Engineer is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Guildford, Surrey|
The IT Service Desk Engineer will provide comprehensive technical expertise and customer facing support in maintaining and expanding the IT service for the organisation and satellite sites across the local community.
The IT Service Desk Engineer will be expected to take responsibility for aspects of the day-to-day administration and management of the Desktop environment. The IT Service Desk Engineer will have a good breadth and depth of IT knowledge, as they will be required to work without supervision at times, across multiple locations. They will provide support and mentoring to other members of the team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* To undertake the build, configuration, documentation and integration of new desktop hardware as part of the Trust's on-going technology expansion.
* To ensure the availability and effective performance of desktop services.
* To identify, recommend and implement changes to IT systems to improve capacity and performance and address potential risks as agreed with internal teams and customers.
* To work in accordance with the IT Department's Service Level Agreements.
* To provide high quality technical support as required, to all users connected to the customer's IT environment using diagnostic tools and fault finding techniques to identify root causes.
* To fix hardware and software faults where feasible, or to recommend appropriate solutions acknowledging and describing the implications for the customer and for internal teams.
* To provide specialist support of third party and customised applications.
* To perform set-up and configuration tasks in accordance with Trust IT plans and procedures.
* To contribute to management reports and undertake service level targeting and reporting as and when required.
* To undertake the management of Client Device (Desktop) related projects and tasks as determined by the Client Devices Team Leader in conjunction, where necessary, with the IT Programme Office.
* Provide remote and onsite support to Trust users across multiple geographical sites.
* Degree level qualification in an IT related subject or equivalent professional IT qualifications or relevant experience operating at this level
* Good understanding of PC architecture and the ability to diagnose problems down to module level where necessary
* Ability to load, set-up and tune Microsoft Windows & Mac OS X environments
* Ability to install new hardware
* Ability to support applications within the Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010
* Ability to support third party (and customised) applications
* Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory environments
* Familiar with the concepts of networked computing
* Familiar with Windows & Mac OS X operating system upgrades
* Ability to document technical procedures/ standards. Understand the process of imaging
* Working knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X
* Understanding of Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks and how they interconnect
* Experience of building PC's using imagining technologies
* Worked with 3rd Party Suppliers
This role is to start asap and will pay £11-£13 p/h PAYE or £13-£16 p/h Ltd/Umbrella