|Job Ref:||204621223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Chester||Address:||Post Code:||CH1||Salary:||£300 - £350/day competitive||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Windows, VMware, Jira, O365, infrastructure|
My client a looking for a pragmatic technically minded lead engineer who can come in to deliver excellent application and customer service levels.
They are looking to secure a strong contractor to cover a key role and also work on other projects - one being an Office 365 Migration. You will be required to follow industry best practices in supporting internal/external software and the Datacenter at 3rd line level.
* Lead engineer within a small, fast paced Service Desk team which consists of 3 (2nd/3rd line) engineers.
* Team lead capabilities as you will be relied upon heavily from time to time to manage the team; this will be mixed 50% technically hands on and 50% team lead on average but could change accordingly.
* Managing internal users and customer's requirements and resolving desktop, software and hardware issues and networking requirements as required.
* Completion of several projects such as moving support systems to JIRA, Final Mile Ethernet, move to Microsoft Office 365 and roll out of new products to clients.
* Coordination & installation of software release builds, UAT and data migration
* Follow ITIL Standards within the service desk
You will need to have the full stack infrastructure knowledge from Networks, Server and storage including supporting the Datacenter. This is a Windows server 2012 environment, Netapp, Vmware, Juniper Firewalls etc You will need to have experience working with Jira (Service Desk)
DESIRABLE SKILLS: My client are looking to migrate to Office 365, so any experience in this would be highly advantageous.
* Attention to detail and maintain quality at all times.
* Good organisational skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Team worker.
* Can work under pressure to deliver a high standard of service.
* Be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
* Flexible attitude towards learning new areas of the business.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Effective decision maker.
Role: 3rd line support / Service Desk Team Lead
Length: 6 months initially (heavy extension likely)
Rate: £300 - £350 (flexibility if required)
If you feel this role is something that matches your skill set then please apply now with current CV and I will call you back to discuss further.
Windows, VMware, Jira, O365, infrastructure
To find out more about Real please visit (url removed)
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales