|Job Ref:||204620716||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sutton||Address:||Post Code:||DN6||Salary:||£68000 - £71000/annum 15% Bonus||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:41|
Based in Sutton, SM2 5AS
Salary: Up to £71,000 + 15% bonus + 29 days holiday + pension + health care + other
* Architect for Market Leading Digital Media and Market Intelligence for the Global Aviation Sector.
* Our client - Global Digital Media - Part of the FTSE 100 RELX Group.
* Competitive salary + bonus + 29 days holiday + 2 paid charity days + pension scheme + share scheme + life insurance.
Our client is seeking a Solution Architect to work on the next generation of online business intelligence applications for the Global Aviation Sector.
You will join a FTSE 100 company providing B2B data services to customers across the globe and work within a highly capable development team to deliver a market-leading product.
The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running, with a proven track record of Solutions and/or Data Architecture.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience working in an Architecture role preferably within a large organisation.
* 10+ years of experience in software development / engineering.
* BSc Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
* Solutions Architecture & Design experience across a broad portfolio of projects.
* Experience of working with Commercial stakeholders to translate business and non-functional requirements into technological solutions.
* Experience of devising architecture strategy to support future business goals.
* Experience of defining roadmaps, current / future state models and maintaining architecture documentation.
* Experience of providing technical direction to development teams on Solutions implementation and governance.
* Experience of Data Architecture, Modelling, Warehousing, BI.
* Track record of Innovation. We're seeking an individual who actively monitors industry trends and opportunities with experience of researching, evaluating & prototyping new and alternative technologies.
* Able to design, integrate, and manage complex solutions (multi-platform, multi-technology).
* Strong Proficiency across Back office, Middleware and Web applications architecture.
* Experience of On-Premise, Virtualisation and Cloud based Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
* Data modelling from conceptualisation to logical / physical design.
* Experience of architecting High Availability solutions and business continuity design.
* Database optimization.
* Extensive experience of one or more RDBMS platforms (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, other)
* Experience of working on ETL solutions.
* Strong experience of programming languages; C#, .NET, MVC, Java.
* N-Tier, SOA Architectures.
* Experience on Windows Server and Linux Operating systems.
* Agile Software Development, Scrum.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent problem-solving ability including leading teams to identify, research and coordinate resource to diagnose & troubleshoot complex issues.
* Microsoft SQL.
* Oracle DB.
* Design & implementation experience of OLTP, Data warehouse, OLAP and Business Intelligence solutions.
* Experience of Big Data platforms advantageous (Hadoop, Spark, HPCC,..)
* Experience of NoSQL platforms.
* Experience of unstructured search platforms (HP IDOL, Apache SOLR,..)
* Experience of columnar DB platforms (HP Vertica, Amazon Redshift).
* Experience of Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure desirable.
* DevOps, Build and Deployment automation (Puppet, Foreman, Team City, Jenkins, Docker)
* CentOS/RHEL, Apache.
* Micro-service Architectures.
* Knowledge of Security engineering best practices.
* Experience of performance and load testing approaches.
Our client provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to their high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Their strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where they help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
Their people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for their products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. The company is part of RELX, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible