|Job Ref:||204618025||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£5000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Our client are currently seeking a C++ Systems Analyst/ Application Support. This is multi-faceted role as the candidate is expected to be able to undertake hands-on activities such as C++ development for new functionality whilst also providing application support for services running the software. Moving forwards the candidate will undertake some of the duties currently performed by the Software Development Manager and act as the communication point for our client`s technical and business teams. They are expected to maintain the relationship with those clients ensuring planned developments are delivered and the application is supported to a high standard to ensure daily production of data.|
The software is essentially a batch processing environment which runs daily. The emphasis is on complex rules and validations which convert raw data feeds into quality audience measurement data set. Experience of working in similar environments where understanding of complex data, rules, and transformations was required would be extremely valuable.
The candidate will be expected to perform many roles in the Software Development Lifecycle from Design to System Testing, therefore broad knowledge of Software Engineering and a flexible approach are extremely important.
When undertaking technical design for changes to meet client needs there will be a need to gain understanding of some legacy parts of the system based on Oracle.
As well as liaising with our clients the candidate will need to work closely our dedicated support team in the UK, and other development teams who may provide software and products that are part of the overall solution for our client. This sometimes will include assisting in the investigation and analysis of processing and production issues.
There must be a proven technical excellence with C++ on Linux and demonstration of the clear and concise communication skills to perform the other parts of the role.
A candidate will only be suitable if they are able to perform the business analysis part of this role as well as development. This will require evidence of these capabilities which will be explored during the interview process, as well as capabilities for data analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand existing C++ code base and design, develop, and test software solutions to meet new requirements within this software framework.
- Provide application support for existing C++ code base to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Excellent data analysis skills to understand issues raised by clients with the data and relate this back to rules and validation steps in the system
- Able to take high level requirement and use understanding of software and systems to turn this into a specification for development.
- Ability to understand and support software provided by 3rd part vendors and grasp how this works as part of the overall solution
- Use tools to maintain software versions (Perforce) and to manage releases (JIRA) to professionally manage work being undertaken.
- Manage the relationship with technical and business teams on our client sites and continue to ensure the service we provide is of a high standard.
- Work closely with the Software Development Manager and keep him updated on the progress of deliverables for our clients.
Technical Skills Required
- Proven C++ developer on Linux platform
- Ability to understand, maintain, and write Linux shell scripts
- Experience with SQL and relational databases ideally Oracle
- Experience of complex data analysis and investigation
- Ability to convey technical information to internal and external (client teams)
Location - West London
Salary - £55,000
Please send your details through to (Email Removed) for more info