|Job Ref:||204617978||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Information and Data Architect - IT infrastructure, technical design authority, strategy, roadmaps, TOGAF - Responsible for the Information strategy, business impact and acting as the design authority to review high and low level technical designs |
Joining at a really interesting time your main focus will be acting as a design authority for a large organisation. With a drive for cloud first, digital transformation of legacy systems and developing uniform data definitions and standards there's a number of long term programmes and projects underway.
Working with a small number of outsource partners and solution providers you will ensure designs are fit for purpose, achieving maximum interoperability and maintain control of the strategy and direction underpinning them. Providing input in to board level decisions you will shape the future of IT and contribute to a defined roadmap.
Although relatively hands off in terms of generating design documentation you will need a breadth of technical understanding across IT solutions and design and an ability to
* Collaborate with technical and solution architects, project teams, value delivery managers and project and programme managers.
* Ensure technology alignment to deliver outcomes aligned with the IT Strategy, Policies and Standards
* Assure the investigation of corporate data requirements and coordinate the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques
The successful applicant will have an overall design responsibility for a number of technology areas including -
* Data and information models and architecture
* Best practice standards on Information Management
* Enterprise Information Management strategy for managing information, and the policies, standards, procedures
* Technical leadership within the Technical Design Authority for all information architectural matters across the business, actively and robustly challenges where appropriate IT managed service providers.
* BI and Data Analytics
* Significant experience in leading design and business realisation of data/information architecture in a digital business and technology context
TOGAF or Zachman accreditation would be desirable but an understanding of enterprise scale design methodologies is key.
The role will be predominantly office based in Falmer but on occasion some travel to London and across the South may be required.
In return a package including a bonus is on offer resulting in a salary package in the mid to late 60's for the right candidate