|Job Ref:||204617325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Aldershot||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Fubra is seeking a junior Linux systems administrator to assist with the day-to-day running and ongoing maintenance of our Linux (web) hosting infrastructure. As a key member of a small team you will be working full-stack and gain experience of all technical elements of the operation.|
The following are essential for a systems administrator:
- Working knowledge of Linux systems, especially CentOS / RedHat. Some exposure to other Linux distributions a plus.
- Understanding of the principles of networking in a commercial environment including: layer 2 concepts (VLANs, switching, etc.), TCP/IP and higher layers.
- An understanding of the roles backup, monitoring and user access management play in a commercial web hosting environment.
- An appreciation for industry standard best practices and the ability to produce coherent system documentation.
- Willingness to get stuck in with the team and a keenness to take on new challenges.
And these will win you bonus points:
- Exposure to oVirt or KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machines) virtualisation technologies.
- An understanding of routing and complex internetworking technologies such as BGP, OSPF and VRRP.
- Familiarity with data centre and (web) hosting operations.
- Experience administering high-transaction MySQL database servers, Apache, Nginx or similar web servers and other web technologies.
- Opinions and a willingness to express them.
This role involves some out of hours and on-call work as part of a rota with other systems administrators.
Fubra is an internet publishing and technology company operating a number of brands covering areas such as price comparison, travel, property, jobs and motoring. Our engineering team are responsible for supporting the company's own technology requirements as well as developing and operating technical products in the hosting industry for sale to both consumers and businesses. Our technical team are at the heart of Fubra ensuring the continued smooth running of the business' operations