|Job Ref:||204617314||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Salary:||£550 - £650/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Automation and Monitoring Technical Lead - SC CLEARED|
+ Initial 6 month contract - potentially longer term
+ £550-£650 per day
+ SC Cleared role
+ Fareham, Hampshire
+ Extensive and proven experience in Monitoring and Management;
An exciting contract opportunity has become become available for an experienced SC cleared Monitoring Design Lead. This is a 6 month contract role for a Lead Design Engineer with monitoring experience.
You will have the chance to work for a dynamic defence organisation who sit within the aviation industry.
* As the Design lead you will be responsible for the end to end design and engineering of the SOM Automation solution. This role will be responsible for extending product evaluation criteria with Automation specific criteria, work with selected vendors in evaluating a select set of candidate products, documenting evaluation results and developing recommendations.
* On selection of the appropriate product you will work with the Architect/BA/Technical BA's to refine requirements (user stories), liaise with other Design Leads to produce an integrated design for SOM overall.
* You will also be responsible for ensuring quality of the solution including product build out, configuration, testing, training and operational handover. The role also involves working with other programs (non SOM) to accommodate their requirements and configure the tool set accordingly working with our on-boarding team.
* Infrastructure Monitoring (hosting, storage, network, OS, PaaS/IaaS);
* Infrastructure Management (automated resolution);
* Application Performance Monitoring;
* Root Cause Analysis (RCA);
* Providing Compute capacity demand to Foundation Service for storage, network, CPU and shared service(IaaS);
* Extensive and proven experience in Monitoring and Management;
* Proven experience of Designing and implementing Monitoring/Management solution sets;
* Proven experience in translating requirements into monitoring/management solutions;
* Proven experience in designing effective solutions for RCA integrating data sources and presenting reliable information for swift resolution and ongoing prevention;
* Recent hands on Design experience in Service Management and Infrastructure Design (hosting, storage, network, PaaS/IaaS);
* Experienced in managing thresholds, events and alerts/notifications and tuning the environment to avoid overloading operations;
* Ability to decompose High Level requirements, Model them and document in sufficient detail for low level design;
* Experience of Monitoring and Managing cloud systems (VMware/UCS);
* Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows, CISCO events & Alerts and how to handle these