|Job Ref:||204617302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Technical Test Engineer - Leeds, £30k - £40k|
Our client is a leading provider of software applications to the UK's social care and healthcare sectors. Due to consistent growth they now require a Technical Test Engineer to join their team in further developing their market leading Children's and Adults' Social Services software.
They use web based workflow solutions applications that include customer portals and mobile apps. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. You will play an important role in testing solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
Responsibilities of Technical Test Engineer:
* Perform all levels of manual or automated testing: unit, integration, regression, load, performance, UAT and configuration validation.
* Focus equally on software validation and verification but also on usability, reliability, availability, performance and security.
* Writing and executing automated test plans and analysing results.
* Use QA tools to track and manage resolution.
* Help shape the product directions by participation in product design reviews and provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential issues.
* Understand and participate in the software development lifecycle and the release management processes.
* Fully endorse iterative development and have dependable delivery skills in a fast-moving environment focused on rapid iteration and regular product updates
Skill Set and Experience required for Technical Test Engineer:
* Strong SQL skills- preferably SQL Server 2005, 2012 and/or 2014.
* Good understanding of database transactional behaviour
* Good understanding of network communication protocols: e.g. HTTP, TLS, SOAP
Skill Set and Experience desirable for Technical Test Engineer:
* Automated testing.
* Server side and front end performance measurement, strong analytic skills, metrics, and experience with performance and stress testing.
* Experience of testing in an agile development environment
* ISEB related qualification advantageous
The Technical Test Engineer position is based in Leeds and will pay a salary in the region of £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
For further information on this opportunity, contact the team at Lewis Paige on +44 (0)20 (Apply online only) or visit our website at (url removed)
*Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes