|Job Ref:||204617081||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Responsible for: Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems; and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
• An understanding of common web application architectures.
• Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
• Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
• Scripting or basic programming skills.
• Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
• A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
• Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE & .Net applications.
• Experience using: installation and management of open source monitoring tools; configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef; deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.); application deployment strategies and continuous integration; Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS); Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc); Operations team experience; administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc); integration tools (Jenkins, Travis - CL, Go);
Key tasks and deliverables:
•Support and administration of infrastructure solutions, physical or virtual, resident in DWP or 3rd party facilities according to industry and organisational best practise standards and service requirements and KPIs
•creating and maintaining documentation
•performing all routine tasks according to process and checklists •monitoring of infrastructure services and alerts and taking appropriate action •logging and progressing of incidents and problems
•act as 2nd/3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to infrastructure services
•provide specialist technical support and assistance to infrastructure projects ensuring delivery of requisite non-functional requirements
•continual service improvement
•Build and configuration, administration and support of infrastructure technologies and solutions - hardware, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and opensource packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
•ITIL Service Operation (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) and with experience of Service Transition
•Monitoring and event management
•demonstrable experience in administration, management and support of
•SAS Management Console, Enterprise Guide for Platform Maintenance.
•SAS administration for High Availability SAS Server environment, including Metadata
•SAS Metadata Content and Security Administration
•SAS Clients: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner
•Experience of SAS
•product Suite 9.3/9.4, including PC SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/Connect, SAS/Access products
•configuring SAS for High Availability within Metadata and MidTier Servers
•performance management including code reviews
•working knowledge of various databases and database platforms including Oracle and SQL server; understanding of interfaces and in-database techniques •1yr plus working knowledge of IBM Weblogic
•Demonstrably strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills
•experience research and recommend technical designs and architectures to support requirements. Desirable
•other areas of technology and solutions - exposure to/or technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. applications development, DevOps, solutions architecture
•Service reporting - production of management information and reports, dashboards etc.
•supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements
•exposure to structured problem management and troubleshooting
•experience of ITIL Service Transition
•awareness of project methodologies such as Agile, PRINCE2 SFIA 6 Skills Framework 6
•Assett management - Level 5
•Change management - Level 5
•Release and Deployment - Level 5
•Systems Software - Level 3
•Capacity management - Level 5
•IT infrastructure - Level 5 ITIL Practitioner certificate Prince2 Foundation certificate NQF Levels 4