|Job Ref:||204616920||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£38000 - £50000/annum Competitive salary + excellent ben||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Sopra Banking Software - part of the Sopra Steria Group provides IT processes, and system solutions to retail banking and asset finance customers. We have operated across Europe, the Middle East, Far East, and Africa for over 40 years. |
Sopra Steria Group employs 38,000 people operating in over 20 countries worldwide. We have a clear strategy to expand our reach globally, whilst continuing to serve our core markets.
Sopra Banking Software are recruiting experienced Product Solutions Consultants / Business Analyst who will work with our customers on the implementations of our software, in particular our mortgage suit software (MSS).
You will be based predominantly in our Sheffield office, and after a period of training on our systems, you will be required to visit our customer sites, UK wide, on an ad-hoc basis as business requires.
The Product Solutions Consultants' role is to support clients in their implementation of our mortgage system solutions, from the sales process through to the go live of the system. The role is very much that of a Business Analyst as you will provide clients with objective strategic advisory services to improve their organisation's performance and long-term competitiveness by working with them to optimise the implementation of our mortgage software, and their own business processes.
You'll get involved in requirements gathering and understanding the client's processes, and helping to define their requirements and the solution proposition. The main areas you'll then work with are:
• Understand customer needs and offer assistance proactively
• Recommend solutions within own discipline
• Define business requirements and associated technical solutions
• Work with the development teams to design software solutions and workarounds according to process requirements
• Prepare elements of business case definition
• Implement process change definition
• Work with the team on the product configuration
• Define and execute test scripts
• Specify requirements for data migration
• Work with customers and colleagues to transfer knowledge
As the ideal candidate you will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Significant experience of working in financial services or an allied industry
• Previous experience of supporting customers in software implementations and upgrades
• Ability to work with customers to understand and document the business requirements to implement beneficial process change
• Experience of dealing with a variety of customer stakeholders when gathering and consolidating requirements
• Previous experience of product configuration as part of a team
• An analytical approach to fault investigation and resolution
• Previous experience of supporting data migration
• An appreciation / understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Working knowledge of repayment and interest charging algorithms would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for lending and possibly savings markets
• Flexibility in working hours and location due to the nature of the role
• Ability to learn and keep up to date with compliance and changes to the Financial Services Industry.
The key skills you will possess will include:
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills - comfortable dealing with all levels of customer management
• Ability to influence key stakeholders
• Ability to deal with complex problems and suggest solutions
• Demonstrate a positive attitude to trying out different things and offering innovative solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and priorities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In our business, you'll enjoy unrivalled opportunities to do meaningful work as you engage with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals - people determined to change the practices of business; increasing efficiency and improving the look and feel of technology for end users.
In return Sopra Banking Software will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field - thinking ahead begins now. We are committed to helping you grow and share your expertise while developing a diverse and esteemed network of colleagues from around Europe. Our values are real, and ripple throughout the organisation - we respect one another, we support our teams, and we put our customers at the heart of all we do.
You'll also enjoy a competitive salary, plus bonus, pension, healthcare, and a flexible benefits package.
With significant potential change driven by the market, regulatory and technology change this is the ideal opportunity to join us in this important and strategic role