|Job Ref:||204616728||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£350 - £425/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Digital Business Analyst (Senior) - up to £425/ day - 11 month contract - Warrington*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key central government clients in Warrington who are looking for someone to join their team for an 11 month contract. As a technical business analyst, you will support the lead technical business analyst in the application analysis and service design work for the Digital Workplace product group Role. The Senior Technical Business Analyst is responsible for providing expert capability to assist requirements definition to ensure technology solutions meet the business need, providing a framework and approach for the technical design; at this level will be responsible for small scale/complexity programmes/projects or work as part of a team of Business projects/programmes.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Deliver business analysis and design services to a range of stakeholders and customers leveraging the required support and assistance of various internal and external suppliers where required
* Make use of their technical knowledge and experience to recommend appropriate solutions and use of cloud based technologies, deploying innovative agile techniques.
* Act as part of the overall Delivery Team to support plans, participate in testing, delivery and implementation of solutions ensuring they meet the business intent and are compliant with appropriate design and development standards.
* The requirements of the role will cover one of a range of specialisms or Platforms. This may include Data Analysis and / or analysis of Tooling options General Responsibilities
* Act as role model for Civil Service Leadership; leading, motivating and inspiring others to deliver outstanding performance ensuring behaviours are not sacrificed whilst striving to deliver
* Ensure business need is met by defining appropriate Technology requirements, analysing propositions and assessing risks and recommending viable solution options Responsible for ensuring that technical requirements are clearly understood and interpreted correctly into system functionality
* Resolve complex conflicts through stakeholder engagement and negotiation, presenting recommendations to stakeholders and governance forums
* Apply industry standards and best practice analysis techniques to requirements capture for example Accessibility standards, understand and manage system quality with regards to simplicity, usability, availability, security, and fraud avoidance
* Providing business analysis expertise, as part of the overall delivery team, to ensure end to end delivery meets business need building strong working relationships with senior project stakeholders
* Gathering and using evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a wide range of delivery options when making commercial decisions.
* Awareness of the principles of testing and advise on implementation and take ownership of design issues including making recommendations and presenting viable alternatives
Essential skills and experience:
* Extensive experience of Technical Business Analysis being able to give specialist advice to others.
* Evidence of successfully delivering technical business analysis services via appropriate project management methodologies utilising the best of Waterfall and Agile
* Ability to apply business analysis techniques for problem solving, modelling and design for example Object Oriented Analysis and Design Use Case Models, Unified Modelling Language
* Knowledge and experience in analysis of modern digital technologies and technical architectures, including open source and open standards.
* Experience of Digital delivery using both Agile Project Management methodologies
* Capable of effectively engaging with a wide range of digital specialists, suppliers, and stakeholders to define the best approach to service design to achieve business and user objectives
* Awareness of industry standard for Security, Data Protections, Accessibility and ability to translate into technical requirements
* Thrive in a fast-moving, changing environment working to tight deadlines in a technical environment
* Experienced business analyst with demonstrable experience of application analysis and service design work and production of power point presentations to represent requirements definition for large, complex enterprise programme deliveries
* Experience of analysing/documenting business processes
* Gathering high level requirements and producing functional specifications
* Experience of working as a business analyst in the Technology industry