|Job Ref:||204616585||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||£550 - £700/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:42|
Digital Technical Architect (Senior) - up to £700/ day - 5 month contract - Blackpool*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key central government clients in Blackpool who are looking for a Senior Digital Technical Architect to become an integral part of their team for an initial 5 month contract. The key purpose of this role is to run the project on a day to day basis on behalf of the Project Board within the cost, time, scope and quality constraints agreed by the Board ensuring the successful delivery of the product.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Be accountable for designing projects that fully meet policy/business intent and deliver quantifiable and sustainable benefits to the customer.
* Brief, advise and support the Programme Director/Programme Manager/Project Board on all project management issues.
* Provide visible leadership and supportive line management across the project to all grades.
* Ensure that a deliverable project plan is place throughout, that this contains a critical path, and is subject to regular scenario analysis.
* Manage project plans, priorities, issues and expenditure, identifying risks and taking appropriate and timely action to mitigate them.
* Co-ordinate the management of project releases.
* Establish and manage appropriate project controls and reporting processes.
* Ensure the appointment of resources to the project teams and ensure effective utilisation of resources across projects using accurate resource profiling. Escalating where resource is not available.
* Deliver the project, through effective financial performance and budgetary management, within cost tolerances to achieve value for money.
* Ensure that there is a valid and viable business case and benefits realisation plan (including named benefit owners) in place throughout the project lifecycle, and that breaches in tolerance are escalated at once.
* Be accountable for complying with DWP governance, reviewing projects in accordance with the Change Delivery Guidance for example navigating the Project through the Gated Review and linked processes such as Commercial and Ministerial Approvals, and acting upon lessons learnt from current and previous projects.
* Ensure that governance and assurance in place that the Project is subject to appropriate assurance review, with critical issues being set before the SRO and programme governance boards. Ensure that all assurance recommendations are tracked, actioned and reported back.
* Actively engage and manage collaborative working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
* Management of suppliers and other third party contributors where appropriate.
* Resolve conflict quickly and effectively.
* Ensure corporate ownership of, and thereby compliance with the programme and project management processes, and working in support of the Change Resource Pool
Essential skills and experience:
* Experience of delivery in a project/programme environment.
* Understanding and experience of applying project management methodologies (including both waterfall and agile approaches), processes, tools and techniques including governance, planning, risk management, etc.
* Ability to effectively manage and engage a team, providing strong direction and vision, to ensure the team meets the needs of its customers and stakeholders.
* Extensive stakeholder management experience in a complex matrix structure, fostering strong relationships with business units, and technology and support teams.
* Ability to work effectively across Departmental and other boundaries.
* Experience of managing suppliers and an understanding of commercial and procurement processes.
Desirable skills and experience:
* Qualifications such as:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- APMP, APM PQ, APM Registered Project Professional
- Principles of Change Management (Foundation/Practitioner)