|Job Ref:||204619120||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Leatherhead||Address:||Post Code:||KT22||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:41|
The technical project manager is responsible for delivering their projects to an agreed baseline, while managing project finances, reporting, schedule and risks. This will require direct interaction with the client, end-users and partner organisations, so presentational and interpersonal skills are important.
As well as managing project teams, the candidate will also take a hands-on role in tasks such as proposal writing, user requirements gathering, documentation, client presentations, testing and acceptance. As such it is important to have excellent communication skills and a high degree of technical rigour.
• University degree or equivalent qualification in a technical discipline - e.g. Science, Engineering or Computer Science
• Strong project management skills and the ability to complete complex tasks with minimal guidance and to work and cooperate with others;
• Proven project management track record, including risk and issue management;
• Excellent client facing and written/verbal communication skills;
• Experience developing applications and services to exploit EO data.
• Knowledge of Earth Observation concepts and familiarity with the Earth Observation data-user community
• Knowledge of ESA and Third Party Earth Observation satellite missions
This role is based in Leatherhead, Surrey. This role includes the opportunity for some occasional international travel to client sites, especially within Europe