|Job Ref:||204619858||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£300 - £400/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:41|
Senior Operations Engineer is required for a 6 month contract (to start end of October) based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.|
Working for a leading Public Sector organisation, you will be responsible for maintaining an Operations strategy which ensures that the architecture and systems enable efficient delivery of an IT service.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To ensure the effective recruitment, deployment, development, co-ordination and motivation of a team of technical staff with differing skill levels
* To assist with the development and implementation of Business Continuity Strategy and Policy, including disaster recovery
* To undertake research and development in all IT Operational areas and identify opportunities where deployment of new technologies can assist with delivering the operational or strategic aims
* To ensure the security and availability of data held within the IT systems, ensuring that data access is granted only to the appropriate individuals or groups, and that data for all services is demonstrably recoverable
* To ensure that all service impacting events which occur on national IT systems are fully investigated, performing and overseeing detailed analysis of events and incidents, Identifying performance trends and their causes, and implementing mechanisms to improve service delivery to IT customers.
For this role you need to have the following experience:
* Build and configuration, administration and support of technologies and solutions - hardware, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and opensource packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
* Experience of Oracle deployment on HP-UX and Red-Hat Linux technology
* Strong experience in IT Service Management & Operations environment
* Demonstrably deep experience of configuration, administration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products:
* Environment management of Oracle 11g databases across the lifecycle including RMAN, backup and other utilities and tools, data migration
* Database management including performance tuning, database sizing and optimization, capacity planning, security management, patch and release management
* Evaluation of Oracle features and Oracle related products
* Database architecture and design and implementation in an OLAP solution
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £300 - £400 ltd per day depending on your level of experience.
Due to the nature of the environment you will be working in you will need to have or undergo a Disclosure Scotland check