|Job Ref:||204619566||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Uganda||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:41|
We are currently recruiting for our client, a prestigious telecommunications company to support their project in Uganda. |
Position Title: ITO Operation Director
Position Type: Contract
Start Date: October 2016
Duration: 12 months
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Contact: Krešimir Zebić | +44 (Apply online only)
- Define, implement, manage, and improve operational support processes.
- Monitor the daily operation, ensure proper job allocation and delegation within the organization in order to meet job requirement and deadline.
- Responsible for full set of service delivery.
- Manage teams by balancing the business interest and client expectations.
- Provide direction and set objectives for the teams, ensure that team members are motivated and understand their roles & responsibilities.
- Responsible for the customer facing production environment monitoring, performance, release/deployment, security, reliability, availability, capacity, latency, and other non-functional concerns.
- Achieve agreed Account satisfaction targets; participate in the Account Satisfaction process to drive improvements in service quality.
- Achieve contract SLAs and agreed SLOs, ensure sound RCA to avoid repeated occurrences.
- Develop and drive Service improvements based on RCAs, trends and client inputs.
- Ensure day-to-day service operations communications are delivered to the client.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Service Delivery teams involved in service delivery.
- Fulfill process requirements and avoid unauthorized change execution.
- Provide/manage continuous improvement of all services provided and identify alternatives/options to these services.
- More than 10 years of IT experience; IT operation and maintenance management experience in telecom field, with CIO or similar experience.
- Enterprise IT business planning experience and relative team management experience.
- Good knowledge of cost control management and good operation consciousness.
- Good understanding of traditional IT technology, virtual cloud operation and maintenance and certain understanding of NFV, SDN methodology is preferred.
- Experience in managing complex Telecom, System Implementation, Management Consulting projects or equivalent.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: NOC Operation, Field Operation, Network Performance Management, OSS/IT, eTom/ITIL, TL9000, PMP etc.
- 100% hands-on datacenter management, compute, storage and network infrastructure.
- Experience in working with or supporting production, test, and development environments for medium to large data centres.
- Exposure to VMware vSphere/vCenter/ESXi environments.
- Experience with server virtualization technology: Vagrant, KVM, XEN, VMWare.
- Passion for automation.
- Experience with monitoring/data collection tools such as Nagios, Monit, Cacti, Graphite, Redis.
- 7+ years of experience in managing global datacenters with various providers.
- 5+ yrs of experience as a Manager of SaaS/Cloud datacenter Operations
- B.S (Preferred M.S) in Computer Science.
- Have a wealth of cross cultural management experience, can effectively integrate the team to achieve the overall objectives of the organization and management; high-level exchanges, presentation and customer relationship management experience.
- Good exposure in handling clients and convincing them through presentations.
- Demonstrate ability to manage & deliver large initiative involving multiple clients.
- Good track record of delivering high quality projects in time.
- Capable of handling multiple projects.
- Capable of working with the international clients.
- Strong communication skills & ability to forge excellent relationships with customer stakeholders and partners.
- Mature and positive attitude; strong sense of quality; ability to work well in a fast-paced, multicultural dynamic environment.
- Be able to travel frequently within a short notice and work overseas.
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills in English Language and at least one local language.
For more details contact: sales(at)manningglobal com
Quoting reference: UGN_MGKZ_ITO_7540
Or call Krešimir on: +44 (Apply online only)