|Job Ref:||204420891||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Towcester||Address:||Post Code:||NN12||Salary:||£22000 - £36000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Software developer ( x 4)|
Based in Towcester with travel to multiple sites
We have an exciting new opportunity within our growing IT department for 4 x Software Developers based in our offices in Northamptonshire.
Reporting to the IT Software Team Leader, your duties will include:
• Working on cutting edge, large scale industrial automation projects. Developing software solutions to meet the needs of the customer and also developing and improving services for existing customers
• Working as part of a team to understand business requirements and how to translate these into a workable solution which can be coded effectively.
• Creating software solutions based on SSI Schaefer software framework(s).
• Build and implement unit tests as part of a development team.
• Be involved with Supporting 2nd Line Helpdesk Technicians when required. This would involve identifying possible bugs and where appropriate effecting suitable fixes to ensure that customer sites remain operational including occasional out of hour remote support
• Work closely with our help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor, and resolve issues.
• Supporting Business Analysts in the creation of technical user documentation.
• Travel to both national and international sites to attend training, customer meetings or provide on-site support.
• Java, C# or other object-oriented programming languages.
• Eclipse, or similar IDE
• Experience of Hibernate, Junit, SQL, JMS and HTML
• Experience with relational databases (Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server).
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation.
• Ability to write technical user and procedure manuals.
The successful candidate will have at least a BSc or HND/HNC in Computer Science, IT engineering or equivalent plus 2- 5 years commercial experience in a similar role. Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a software development capacity; developing, delivering and supporting commercial software.
If you would like a challenging and rewarding career with SSI Schaefer, we can offer a competitive salary, benefits including pension scheme and health cash plan then we would like to hear from you!
If you would like to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter.
CLOSING DATE: 19th August, 2016