|Job Ref:||204622806||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£40000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Job Title - Engineering Manager|
Shifts - Monday to Friday (Days)
Location - Leicestershire
Salary - £40k+, plus Production based Bonus, Pension & Life Assurance
Our client is one of the largest manufactures of Bricks in the UK. With multiple sites across the UK, their Leicestershire based plant is one of their largest and most productive. Producing approximately 2 million bricks per week, the business have recently made a multimillion pound investment to further expand the production capacity of the plant by a further 30%.
Couple with this they have also made a significant investment in a fully computerised PPM system to help them increase the efficiency of their existing plant. Thanks to this expansion, they now require a new Engineering Manager to oversee the plant.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the following:
* Running of computerised Maintenance system.
* This would include:
* Analysis of data from the system.
* Root Cause Analysis.
* Identification of areas of improvement.
* Continuous Improvement.
* Implementation of LEAN manufacturing principles from above analysis.
* Managing budgets for Stock, Spares, Repairs, Improvement & Upgrades.
* Oversee installation and upgrade projects.
* Ensure all contractors have Work Permits.
* Running of appraisals, 1-2-1s & recruitment.
* Staff Training.
* H&S Compliance within the Engineering Department.
* Running Management Meetings.
* Compiling reports for Senior Managers on OEE, PPMs, Breakdowns and Improvements.
The business' key drive across all of their sites at present is production efficiency. As such, they ideally are looking for candidates who have a background in High Volume production or FMCG, who can bring their knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques into the business and help bring further positive change.
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills, abilities or qualifications:
* Must have previous experience working as an Engineering Manager.
* Must have come from an Automated Production Environment.
* Must have previous experience implementing LEAN manufacturing processes.
* Must have a recognised Engineering Qualification