|Job Ref:||204622700||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:17|
Structural AutoCAD Technician (Building Structures)|
£18,000- 25,000 Plus Benefits
My client are a small but very established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy providing design innovation and meticulous detailing whether for a multi-million pound developments, or small scale residential schemes.
Due to an ever increasing workload, my client is now on the lookout for an experienced Structural AutoCAD Technician to join the Halesowen team on a permanent basis. This technical role is crucial to the team and has an integral part to play in each project.
Working as a Structural AutoCAD Technician you will be;
* Assisting with the preparation of and understanding of structural AutoCAD and RC detailing drawings for a variety of different projects including but not limited to; residential, commercial, industrial and industrial building structures.
* Producing accurate models, drawings and schedules in accordance to the project specifications.
* Taking part in key project control procedures such as drawing issue and registrations.
* Attending site meetings, carry out inspections and dimensional surveys when necessary adhering to Health & Safety Guidelines
* Co-ordinating/Liaising with other professionals both internally and externally
Working as a Structural AutoCAD Technician you must;
* Be proficient in AutoCAD
* Have an understanding of the principles of engineering design and be able to interpret specialist drawings with consideration to the properties of building materials.
* Have an understanding of construction techniques, sequences of work and an up-to-date knowledge of products.
* Good communication and team working skills
* Flexible and Enthusiastic
* Good numerical skills
* Ability to manage workload
* Able to prioritise and have good organisational and timekeeping skills
* Able to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
* Be able to multi-task and be confident in own ability
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
Commutable Locations: Birmingham, Tamworth, Warwick, Dudley, Solihull, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Rugby, Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Telford, Shrewsbury, Derby
If you are interested in this Structural AutoCAD Technician opportunity or any other roles in the CAD/ Building Structures sector please call ALICE for a friendly, confidential conversation on (Apply online only) or e-mail your CV to