|Job Ref:||204622332||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£350 - £450/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:17|
CDM Advisor - Engineering |
My client is a leading nuclear power utility and one of Europe's largest energy companies, working to develop and build the UK's newest fleet of low carbon nuclear power plants. At the height of construction over 5000 people will be involved in this state of the art project.
You will be assisting in discharging this role, CDM-Advisors, who shall be suitably qualified and experienced individuals, will be appointed to aid the Programme Engineering Leads fulfil their duties by providing health and safety advice and ensuring the requirements of the NNB CDM 2015 management systems are fulfilled.
As CDM Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with the Designers and the Principal Contractor to explain the expectations of the Health and Safety File.
- Regularly monitor, measure, analyse and review performance in implementing the requirements of the Standard.
- Review the content of the Health and Safety File with the Designers after the Invitation to Tender review has been completed and after any design changes that impact on the health and safety of the design thereafter.
- Provide the Pre-Construction Information they receive from the Client or other Designers to the appropriate parties e.g. Principal Contractor, Contractors and other Designers. Where the Client is missing PCI or additional surveys are required, the Designers and/or CDM Advisor need to inform the Client if they are not already aware. The CDM Advisor must confirm arrangements are in place to manage health and safety information flow relating to design.
Candidates for the position of CDM Advisor should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Professional qualifications and membership of a recognised construction related organisation (e.g. CIBSE, ICE, IEE, IMechE, IStructE, RIBA, etc.)
- Knowledge of power station design is desirable (EPR or NPP)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including CDM and Nuclear Site License requirements
- Validated Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the field of Health and Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate, Member of ICE H&S Register, MaPS etc.)
This is a contract position with an initial duration of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
Salary - £350 - £450per day dependant on experience
For more information contact Leonie Kerr at Rullion Engineering on (Apply online only).
Applications close on Wednesday, 14th August 2016