|Job Ref:||204622188||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Middlesbrough||Address:||Post Code:||TS3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum plus company benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Our client is looking for an experienced E&I Designer to work at their site in the North East to join them on a permanent basis. My client are a market leading engineering consultancy within the Power Generation, Chemical, Renewables and Oil & Gas sectors.|
The successful candidate will be working on a range of Electrical and Instrumentation design activities including, but not limited to:
• Responsible for detailed engineering design of electrical and instrumentation installations and commissioning activities to ensure equipment meet performance requirements
• Manage E&I related gas industry compliance requirements and interfacing on project deliverables with our client's Technical Authority (including P&IDs, system control diagrams, cause & effect diagrams, technical schematics, layouts and user requirement specifications)
• Prepare project specific technical packages (load schedules, instrument schedules, loop diagrams, technical specifications, operating instructions, panel schematics, spares schedules, preventive maintenance requirements, etc.) for instrumentation work to be executed.
• Taking leadership and project management of instrument and electrical engineering matters.
• Updating specifications and monitoring the quality of work from E&I subcontractors.
• Contribute to development of equipment maintenance strategies and use machine and site data to support development of asset integrity and condition monitoring capability
• Develop standard operating procedures within the scope of E&I, including: factory testing, installation/commissioning and fault identification
• Acting as the primary contact with clients and technicians to manage Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), commissioning and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
• Responsibility for co-ordination of remote data capture systems and client interfaces for these systems.
• Minimum of four years' related experience, with a preference towards the energy/ oil & gas sector in an engineering design environment with experience of CAD packages
• The ability to work independently, dealing with clients and subcontractors directly to ensure compliance and quality standards are met with on-time project delivery
• Experience in the design of ESD & ATEX Rated systems is required, ideally with knowledge in subject areas such as Functional Safety and Hazardous Area Classification
• Additional experience of an Electrical and Instrumentation construction environment would be an advantage
• An Engineering degree in Electrical or Instrumentation/Automation preferred
• The candidate must have a good understanding of E&I Drawings and E&I Systems, within the Oil & Gas industry
• Proficient in the use of PDMS and AutoCAD