|Job Ref:||204622092||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum To £25K + Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:17|
An internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products, for a range of industry standard architectures seeks a Mechanical Draughtsperson to help with the design and development of this range of mechanical parts.|
Products are designed and developed totally in-house by teams in the UK, India and USA, and use leading-edge electronic components. They sell into many different markets around the world, in particular a range of high-performance processor and other boards used in aerospace, defence and telecommunications applications.
The Mechanical Draughtsperson job:
You will work closely with mechanical, electronic and PCB layout engineers, at all the different stages of product development. You will need to be able to accurately create, modify and check engineering drawings for a variety of small mechanical components, sometimes from verbal descriptions or sketches, and provide information for sub-contractors and in-house machinist to manufacture the parts. At times this will involve talking directly to the sub-contractors to resolve problems. You will be checking prototype and other newly manufactured parts for conformance with the drawings and models.
Essential Skills/ Experience required for the Mechanical Draughtsperson role:
• Familiar with 3D modelling packages
• Educated to ONC or having significant previous CAD package experience
• Highly competent with engineering drawings
• An ability to accurately use measurement instruments, e.g. height and Vernier gauges, callipers, etc, to check the manufactured parts
• Industry experience of designing small or precision components
• Independent and willing to learn and able to take on new tasks.
Desirable, but not Essential, Skills/ Experience
• An understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production
• Practical, "hands-on" skills, using a variety of hand and power tools
• An appreciation of change control procedures, NA systems
• SolidWorks, but experience with AutoCAD (preferably 3D), TurboCAD or other packages such as Rhino3D would be considered