|Job Ref:||204621952||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£40 - £50/day negotiable||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:17|
Senior Project Engineer / Manager, a key Interim role on a brand new project, based Derby, £neg 6 months plus (potential for temp to perm if suits) .|
My client is a global organisation and leader in their sector in the provision of safe, reliable, efficient and technically innovative transportation solutions to UK and global markets alike. They are currently looking to engage the services of a consultant Project Engineer / Management Specialist on a contact basis to be based out of their engineering centre of excellence in Derby.
***** Please note you will require significant rail rolling stock experience and in particular have demonstrable exp of project start up on major projects.
* To lead all aspects of design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project so as to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to project budgets and schedules. Accountable for ensuring the product complies with all contractual and legal requirements, particularly those that relate to certification.
* Establish and maintain interfaces with other engineering departments & with relevant functions (project management, procurement, operations, sales, bids).
* Continuous optimization of project engineering processes/tools/behaviours by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
* Monitor, control and report monthly all product related financial aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals.
* Ensuring that relevant skills required by the project are identified, communicated and made available by the engineering function in order to fulfil project requirements.
* Engineering degree
* Proven experience in project delivery for large scale projects, managing large teams , budgets, KPI's, identifying and handling risk/opportunity.
To discuss the role please call (Apply online only)