|Job Ref:||204620983||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Salary: circa £27K, excellent company benefits scheme
Are you looking to join one of the leading names within the UK rail industry? Our Client has a key requirement for a Buyer based within their Derbyshire office.
If you are already a member of Institute of Purchasing and Supply or you are working towards your membership, please read on....
Responsible for the cost effective procurement delivery to meet the needs of production, providing cost savings and quality improvements, your daily duties will include:
* Assist with the negotiation of Purchase Agreements and selection of suppliers
* Use the MRP system to best advantage
* Regular liaison with suppliers to ensure delivery on time and to specification
* Provide advice and support to the estimating function as appropriate
* Introduce and implement improvements to existing systems for developing suppliers and speeding up the procurement processes
* Ensure Purchase Orders are delivered on time and in full to meet the Master Production Schedules Production dates
* Support Production, Materials and Supply chain manager as required
* Help generate forecasts to develop SLA's/contracts going forward
This opportunity offers a real chance to progress your career as well as build on your own personal development - they pride themselves on investing in their staff and have and excellent staff retention record.
The is an urgent requirement with interviews taking place week commencing 26th September. If this opportunity is of interest, please contact Katy Grace on (Apply online only) (DDI) or email as soon as possible to discuss the role in more detail