|Job Ref:||204620674||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Salary:||£22000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Title: Material Controller |
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
We are currently recruiting for a motivated Material Controller to join our team to be responsible for the procurement, control and logistics of components within our Engineering department. We are a market leader within electronics with a brand name know globally. Your purpose will be to ensure the correct components are available for production and installation for projects across the globe.
The Material Controller will manage materials to ensure the efficient logistical movement, storage, test and repair of hardware. The Material Controller will be a key interface between Engineering, Sourcing and Procurement, this requires an enthusiastic individual who can communicate at all levels.
Responsibilities of the Material Controller:
* The Material Controller will oversee all areas of Stock Management
* Manage and adhere to lean procedures within the stores systems
* Raise purchasing orders
* Communicate with Logistics and Sourcing with the transfer of stock
* The Material Controller will be responsible for incoming material management
* Work with Engineers on timings of components for projects
* Manage the bill of materials
* Implement data onto the SAP system
Requirements of the Material Controller
* Previous experience in a related Materials coordination role in Engineering / Manufacturing environment
* The Material Controller should have experience of procurement
* Basic knowledge of engineering drawings, interpretation of engineering change, Bills of Material and Manufacturing Data Packs.
* The Material Controller must have the ability to prioritise tasks across all projects in line with the business needs.
* Proactive approach to tasks and confident communicator
* Good organisational skills in relation to data, information and inventory
* SAP, ERP, MRP knowledge would be desirable.
If you are a proactive individual who is keen for a new challenge then this may be the role for you, please apply for the Material Controller role for more information.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position