|Job Ref:||204620658||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Corby||Address:||Post Code:||NN18||Salary:||£34000/annum||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:07|
JOB: Electrical Process Engineering Technician|
Sector: Volume Manufacturing
Shift: 3 Shift / Double days - Monday to Friday
Starting Salary: £33,500
Our client is a Multi National high volume manufacturer of components and assemblies supplying some of the leading Automotive OEM's on a JIT basis, as a result of the current growth in orders they require an Electrical Process Engineering Technician to join the existing team working on a standard 3 shift rotation Monday to Friday. team.
This an ideal opportunity for an Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer with a passion for Automation, PLC's and Process improvement to move from a Maintenance Engineering based role to a hands on Process Engineering based role. Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager you will work between Maintenance and Process engineering acting as the right hand of the Process Engineering department.
For the right candidate who shows the aptitude required this could develop into a Process / Automation Engineers role.
As an Electrical Process Engineering Technician you will be responsible for ensuring allocated production line(s) achieve their deliverables through effective technical support.
• Ensure safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
• Ensure equipment uptime through preventative maintenance and line patrol
• Identify and troubleshoot process, material, equipment problems to minimise down time
• Reduce breakdown recovery time through knowledge transfer and training
• Work closely with the Group Team Leader and Production Team to support attainment of production targets and requirements
• Maintain all required documentation applicable to the role
• Assist with hands on training of production operatives on new products, tooling and equipment
• Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities
• Install and validate equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time
• Served apprenticeship, relevant electrical engineering qualifications
• Experience to a Technician level relevant to an industrial manufacturing environment
• ABB Robot based systems knowledge
• PLC based systems knowledge and experience
• Self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative
• Welding appreciation and experience advantageous but not required
• Ability to work closely with others, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organisation skills
• Ability to problem solve, necessary to get to the root cause of issues
This is an ideal opportunity for an Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer to secure a key role within a Multi National organisation and take a step towards a Process Engineering role.
Starting Salary: £33,500