|Job Ref:||204620585||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Car||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
An opportunity has arisen for Project Manager. You will be in the management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.|
The main responsibilities of the role are
* To assume responsibility for the successful operation of specific projects / portfolio of projects.
* Where necessary, to provide day-to-day management for allocated project engineers, ensuring that all schemes are being effectively delivered to the clients satisfaction.
* To participate in monthly financial reviews for all relevant schemes with the General Manager / Commercial Manager, ensuring that all schemes have prepared accurate financial performance reports.
* To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
* To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
* To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
* The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget.
* Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
* Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
* Attend site visits/meetings.
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
* Prepare estimates and quotations
* Complete contract documentation
* Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
* Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
* Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
* To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and timescales.
* Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
* Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
* A proven track record of successfully delivering schemes of varying size in terms of quality, programme and financial performance.
* The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
* The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients.
* To have a good understanding of contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
* To be able to manage multiple contracts of varying size and nature.
* To be able to prepare accurate reports detailing programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes
Skills & Experience
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/NA or NVQ equivalent
* Ideally hold recognised Project Management Qualifications or membership to the Project Management Institute
* Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Self motivation
* Be proactive in their approach
* An excellent communicator
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focused