|Job Ref:||204620227||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£55000 - £68000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Engineering Manager - UHV Systems|
£55,000 - £68,000 + Benefits
Cubiq Recruitment are looking for an Engineering Manager to join a specialist instrumentation company, developing UHV Systems for a range of academic and research applications.
The role will most likely suit a 'hands on' Engineering Manager or Senior Engineer with experience leading a small team, looking to move into a managerial role.
The successful candidate will take up a position on the Senior Management Team providing leadership, structure and drive for this fast growing high tech business. With overall leadership of the company's Engineering functions you will be responsible for continuous improvement, compliance and timely delivery of all engineering projects.
You will have a major part to play in leading and managing the company's future success by ensuring a good match between customer expectations and product capability and by developing and implementing strategic plans to achieve company defined targets for long term growth and profitability.
* Ensure the effective planning, scheduling, resourcing and timely delivery of the engineering development programme encompassing short cycle continuous improvement, near term product delivery and long term strategic product developments.
* Ensure effective and accurate translation of customers' needs and expectations into appropriate product configurations and development targets.
* Lead and inspire teams and individuals to deliver and maintain the highest standards of product performance, safety and quality.
* Implement and maintain effective Product Data Management systems to ensure the highest level of product quality and compliance with the relevant standards.
* Ensuring that high standards of Health & Safety are maintained.
* Proven technical excellence with a degree level qualification in an engineering or physical sciences discipline. You will have a pragmatic outlook and strong commercial awareness.
* Substantial experience in engineering management across mechanical, electrical, electronic and software engineering functions in a fast moving, complex and cutting edge development environment.
* Experience of technical support through the sales cycle and customer relations.
* A firm understanding of PDM systems management and use.
* A proven track record in the development and engineering control of scientific instruments and systems. Specific experience of Ultra High Vacuum systems engineering is preferred.
* A sound understanding of the product development cycle and its impact on the performance and profitability of the business.
* The ability to motivate, lead and engage diverse teams with due consideration to employee development, succession planning and performance management.
* Proven record in the deployment of New Product Introduction, change management and continuous improvement principles.
* The ability to operate effectively and harness results through cross functional teams.
* High level of understanding of regulated quality, safety and environmental standards.
If you're interested in the role available please apply via the link provided.
Key word search: engineering manager, head of engineering, lead engineer, chief engineer, principal engineer, vacuum, uhv, instrumentation