|Job Ref:||204620064||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Stowmarket||Address:||Post Code:||IP14||Salary:||£36300/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
My client is passionate about building their own unique values, culture and operational philosophy and are equally dedicated to growing the skills of their people and the loyalty of their customers.|
This organisation is pioneering in their approach and are a leading processing company supplying to the food and beverage industry. They are a highly innovative company and part of a PLC group so you can be sure of stability and an exciting future.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the Site Engineering Team responsible for the maintenance, maximising machine availability and continued efficient running of the mill, plant, production processing machinery to include malt extract, band drier, spray drier, homebrew, maltings and site services.
• To provide a flexible, dynamic and proactive response to engineering breakdowns, in order to maximise production and minimise unplanned plant downtime.
• To communicate on a daily basis with the Engineering Team to ensure established priorities are dealt
• within a co-ordinated approach.
• To communicate at all times with production personnel to ensure priorities are actioned accordingly and to update on the status of plant.
• To maintain correct health and safety standards at all times, following company policies and procedures, and taking a generally responsible and proactive approach to safety at all times.
• To carry out plant modifications and improvements as authorised.
• To help train, guide and develop the company's engineering apprentices.
• To work on small projects and installations as required.
• To proactively contribute to and assist with engineering and production improvements, health & safety improvements (including safe working practices and risk assessments) and GMP improvements.
• To undertake existing planned maintenance routines and identify new routines that will maximise
• equipment availability.
• To participate in all aspects of maintenance work associated with plant shutdowns in all areas of the site.
• To work flexibly and respond to the changing demands of the work, adapting to new work routines and practices accordingly.
Key Skills and Competences
• City and Guilds/HNC/HND qualified in engineering with an electrical bias with a working knowledge of production/processing machinery.
• Good base of fundamental and proven engineering skills.
• A "can do" attitude coupled with a desire to make a contribution to the continued efficient running of all manufacturing areas.
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills able to work collectively to meet deadlines.
• Competent and confident at communicating work progress to Engineering Manager and Production Managers.
• A high attention to detail and accuracy with a flexible attitude to a range of tasks and work situations.
• Working knowledge of PLCs and electrical systems would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of steam plant and associated equipment is desirable but not essential.
• Understanding of water distribution and treatment is desirable but not essential.
• 9. A clear communicator with a problem solving/improvement attitude.
Hours of Work:
• Average 37½ hours per week
• 3 shift / 7-day shift pattern to incorporate full 24/7 coverage of the site.
If you want to work with some of the best talent in the food industry and can show dedication and technical excellence, then contact John Gartell MIRP for an early consideration