|Job Ref:||204620012||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£300 - £400/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
Design Engineer - Consumer electronics - Permanent/Contract|
£300 - £400 per Day DOE
We are on the brink of releasing highly innovative consumer electronic devices that will have global impact. Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking to appoint a contract design engineer. Candidates must be able to exhibit previous experience dealing with a mass-market small electronic devices or comparable small consumer items such as wearables and watches in order to be considered for this role. You will already have worked for a reputable electronic consumer products manufacturer as a design engineer for several years. In addition you will be an expert user of Solidworks.
* Assist in product design and engineering, taking responsible for its external appearance, workability - fit for function, finishes and market acceptance
* Work with the company's engineering teams and manufacturers to ensure the product meets the design, functionality, and price targets.
* Identify, recommend and contract Manufacturers who can provide mechanical parts in the quantity, quality and price required.
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate essential experience with:
* Past experience generating design and taking new products to production scales of 1 million or more.
* Proven Design experience with FMCG electronic product is a must - a deep knowledge of materials, processes and a full rolodex of potential suppliers and contractors is something that we will be looking for.
* Candidates who have worked on consumer wearable products.
* Experience working within a creative product design agency.
* Background in mechanical and industrial design - ideally, with an engineering degree. Ability to work with Solidworks is mandatory.
* Willingness to travel regularly.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply