|Job Ref:||204620009||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Marlow||Address:||Post Code:||SL7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
Mechanical Design Engineer- Consumer Medical Devices - Permanent - Marlow, Buckinghamshire|
We are an innovative, forward-thinking publically traded company with a unique, mass consumer electronic product. We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible for the mechanical engineering and transfer to production of all mechanical parts and assemblies. Applications are invited from senior / lead mechanical design engineers who have several years of experience of working with mass produced, small consumer electronic devices
The candidate will be expected to take ownership of the company's mechanical design, working on several products in parallel. The role calls for working closely with mechanical engineers, material suppliers and manufactures across the world, with an emphasis on East Asia.
A successful candidate must be able to exhibit previous experience dealing with mass market small electronic devices or comparable small consumer items.
Candidates must have a proven background designing and hands on experience with SolidWorks.
The Ideal candidate will have worked in a Lead Mechanical Design/Engineering role in previously with a special emphasis on small electronical consumer devices. They would have past experience in actively producing at least 10,000 units.
Suitable candidates will also need to demonstrate essential experience with:
* Mechanical engineer with at least 5 years' experience with a previous role as a Lead Engineer/Team Lead.
* Experience with Electronic, Consumer or Medical Devices aimed at mass market is a must
* Experience with medical devices would be highly advantageous.
* Proven Ability to work independently.
* Lead Mechanical design of the company's next generation of products.
* Work with the company's in house design team and external industrial design houses.
* Lead the selection of materials, construction and design of parts.
* Personally design the relevant enclosures and sure it meets the quality, finish and cost requirements.
* Work closely with the company's manufacturing subcontractors.
* Select overseas manufacturing subcontractors with the company's manufacturing manager.
* Test and modify the design whenever necessary.
* Assist with the expected increase in manufacturing to past 100,000 units.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply