|Job Ref:||204619947||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
Our client is a well-known multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent.|
Due to a major increase in workload, we are seeking an individual to manage and lead our BIM services across disciplines, including architecture, structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering and information management / client representative.
They are committed to developing their BIM capabilities and therefore training for the development of key skills within the disciplines will be supported.
The individual may be from any of the above disciplines. Remuneration package will reflect the skillset of the individual recruited. This is a key position within the company, and the scope for career progression is significant.
This is a new role in a developing arena, and the successful post holder will help develop and shape the position, however, anticipated day to day duties are set out below:
• Gain an understanding of the software used across the company
disciplines as related to BIM functions, maintain records of software
and user skill base. Identify gaps and take responsibility for addressing
• Act as liaison between the IT support team and the design teams, assist
IT in evaluation of software.
• Stay informed on best practice and software developments relating to
• Assist in the testing, selection, development and running of a company
externally accessible Common Data Environment
• Be responsible for managing and guiding the development of the
existing company BIM standards, protocols, documentation, families,
• Develop and manage quality control and auditing for company
processes, and project processes.
• Provide or arrange training to the design teams, including making
business case for external training required, and obtaining
management approval to required expenditure.
• Assist in interviewing and testing of new starters.
• Manage and provide training to new starters.
• Provide internal presentations and CPD training.
• Assist internal project teams in BIM project set up.
• Establish model EIRs and BEPs etc. and assist clients and project teams
in agreeing project specific EIRs, BEPs, protocols and workflows.
• Assist and guide project teams in setting up project management and
functions including documentation, responsibility matrices.
• Assist in producing tender documentation and reviewing schedules of
• Assist in setting up CDEs if required.
• Market the company BIM services, including writing for company
website and communication channels internally and externally,
attending conferences, meeting and presenting to clients, and
developing client contacts.
• Assist client in developing Asset Information Requirements and
Employers information requirements.
• In-depth working knowledge of BIM delivery requirements, based on
experience of leading and delivering projects at level 2 or above.
• Thorough knowledge of design software
Specific software experience in:
• Content Studio
• Understanding of Tekla (structures) IES and Hevacomp (MEP)
• Cobie compliant data collation
• Experience of Common Data Environment Systems such as Aconex,
4projects or similar
• Proven ability to lead and develop a project team across disciplines
Essential personal qualities
• Be able to work with and motivate teams including colleagues at all
• Be able to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines and
• Be able to identify obstacles and devise solutions.
• Be committed to success
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing any work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
Excellent contributory pension
Please contact Mary Duhig or Stephen Tiigah - (Apply online only) for more information